Thursday 31 March 2011

Day Fifteen: Doctor's Orders.....

Dear Readers, Family, Friends and Fellow Bloggers:

I am an impatient sick person.  I first tried upping my intake of American Ginseng, then I switched to homeopathy, using herbs diluted in water hoping for a quick cure of my cold.  Next I visited a walk in clinic and got an asthmatic puffer. That only made me feel worse. Side-effects can be worse than the condition itself.

We all want the quick cure. Sometimes, we need to let things run it's course.

Following doctor's orders, I am going to rest for the next day or two.  Still adhering to  Dr. Oz's prescription for good health, I have been making sure I am getting daily exercise and eating well.

 Tomorrow, my blog will catch you up on the latest health tips, covering some of Dr. Oz's tips from his last two day's of shows,  

For now,  I am going to work on getting well again and fighting off my respiratory infection.  Looking forward to getting back to my breezy self on the weekend, sharing anecdotes and health ideas.

My tip today is what I am doing : Listen to your body.  If you are sick and your symptoms become worse over the course of a week, go see a doctor, take a sick day or two to get better and take it easy.

Or as my doctor pointed out, "You are not a machine".  My days are long being on my feet with a rambunctious, enthusiastic class of young children.  Arriving home to family and juggling more balls in the air until bed-time.   If all we do is "Go, Go, Go" we will run ourselves down.

Time to boost my immunity with sleep, vitamin C, and TLC.

No comments:

Post a Comment