Friday 18 March 2011

Day Two The Dark Side of Dr Oz.....versus...Dr. Oz Sunny Side Up

8:15 a.m.

Confession:

Last night I was in the honeymoon phase of my make over.  Avoided wine and drank skim milk with dinner. Loaded up my plate with 2/3 vegies and 1/3 multi-grain pizza.  Walked another 6,400 steps to Blockbuster and back with my daughter.  Ate banana cake at Starbucks in order to rest weary legs as part of evening jaunt in spring like weather.

"Are you going to write about "this", in your blog?" asked Erin.
"You mean the cake?", I inquire.
"Yes, the cake and the fact you didn't want to walk here and I had to convince you not to drive?", added Erin.

"This is why you need to enable your coments  section on your blog, Mom", argued Erin.  "Then I can tell everyone  about the things you aren't writing about".

Okay so I am not perfect.  The dark side of Dr. Oz is that it is going to be tiring to do 10,000 steps a day and you are going to battle withdrawal symptoms whether they are due to the absence of sugar or other no nos. 
So for Day Two, I begin this morning telling you about the dark side of implementing change.  That your body will resist, your mind will fight back and it is your soul that keeps you going.

No comments:

Post a Comment