Tuesday 22 March 2011

Day Six Part Two: IN CASE OF EMERGENCY.....

Here I am writing (and smiling before you -circa Nov. 2010) with my confession. At lunch time, I slipped out of my classroom, drove to a local convenience store and bought two O'Henry chocolate bars.  Peanuty, filled with nougat and caramel.  The shop had a two for one Tuesday deal. 
I haven't eaten either one. Yet.

I am not sure if it was a test. Self-temptation. I planned to have one this afternoon on my way home from work.  Grabbing the crinkly package, I was ready to rip the bar open. Something held me back. 

My kids read this blog. My husband, extended family members, in-laws, some colleagues,  strangers, neighbours, friends and friends of friends. Keeping it "real" and open means telling it like it is. 

I have to keep accountable to meet my goal of fitting into a size 8 in  a year from now.
"Have you lost any weight?" is a question many folks have asked me since I began. 
 My plan is to go on the 17th of every month  to the Mexx store in my hood', to try on skirts.  

Weighing yourself everyday is unreliable.  Time of day, time of month, before or after waking up, before or after visiting the washroom, sodium content of food...the variables that make weight fluctuate diffe person to person.  

Dr. Oz recommends letting clothing be your guide.  Waist size is more important than lbs. 

So the chocolate bars are sitting in my glove compartment box. 
 I hope I find them melted from the summer sun one day.

In the mean time, do you need to break glass? 

1 comment:

  1. Nice smile, Maija! It's like a fresh day of spring-ignore the one we just had today! :-)

    Don't eat the chocolate! It's way too sweet!
    And yes, let clothing be your guide! One of my friends warned me that if I would throw all my already too tight pairs of pants and continue to buy bigger sizes I would never go back to my old, smaller size, without a huge effort. She was right.

    ReplyDelete