Friday 18 March 2011

Day Two: Ten Thousand Steps and Counting......

It ain't as easy as it looks! 
Humbled, I walk before you with  new insight. 
Walking 10,000 steps a day
 is a lot harder than I imagined!  This afternoon I assumed that getting to Broadview and Danforth from my house would be an easy 10,000 steps.  When I arrived at my destination I reached a little over 5,000.

I had envisioned taking the TTC bus route home after my spring walk only to to make a U turn and march back home.  Givng myself a daily pep talk to motivate myself is going to be part of my new lifestyle change. I feel tired out. How will I be able to do 363 more days of Dr. Oz?  As Jordin Sparks sings: (scroll down) 
                                                                                                                 10,000 steps on Lake Simcoe .
One step at a time
There's no need to rush

It's like learning to fly
Or falling in love
It's gonna happen and it's
Supposed to happen that we
Find the reasons why
On step at a time"

Moral of the story: When it comes to using a pedometer, there are no shortcuts.  It's hard to spin a yarn with numbers.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time, Maija!

    Your a hilarious writer!

    ReplyDelete