Saturday 23 April 2011

Day 38: Christening my Bicycle! Spring Has Sprung!

Hurrah!  Here in Toronto the weather reached 19/20 degrees celsius and spring has finally sprung!

A few days ago Dr. Oz said on his show that when it comes to anything to keep you motivated with exercise, "if you don't love it, you won't do it".  Well, yesterday, my Dad, husband and I dug out a patch of our backyard lawn for a vegetable garden.  Today I cycled.  Old favourites of mine!



I cycled all afternoon with my husband.  We cycled through Riverdale and to Yorkville.  I haven't cycled that much in over 17 years. There was a time when I cycled to university, to my summer job at Ontario Place and as my preferred mode of transportation. I used to bring my bike on a bike rack and cycle in Niagara on the Lake, Cape Cod, Nantucket, Ottawa and Montreal.



Then babies came, my bike was forgotten and replaced with Little Tykes wagons, tricycles and kids' bikes. 

Being a single mom to two little kids for a few years while teaching kindergarten and primary aged school children all day left me with little time or energy to focus on my past loves.

My spring crush is my bike. Spring fever has re-ignited bike fever.

Right now I am on an exercise high so I am not sure if my leg muscles will be tired out tonight or tomorrow.  My legs haven't had this type of workout since my late twenties.

If you want to feel free and young again while giving your heart and body a great work-out, dust off your bike or treat yourself to a sturdy and easy to ride bike and GET CYCLING!

No comments:

Post a Comment