Wednesday 20 April 2011

Day 34: Living Dr. Oz has it's good days and bad days....

Here is the scoop:  Living Dr. Oz has it's ups and downs. 



Eating healthy is the way to go but there are days where  the weather is dreary (e.g., here in Toronto, Canada it is cold, wet and rainy), when you are feeling frazzled or tired, when you miss plain old junk food....when you want to throw in the towel.

Today I have been craving something that is greasy, fatty, sugary......anything outside of a crisp, chilled juicy apple!

At work I don't have anything unhealthy so as you can guess, it has made me fantasize about something sweet or goopy (or .........fill in the blank with your choice of what's on your "no-eats" list) for most of the day.

Part of me wants to indugle over the next few days but I know that the Dr. Oz lifestyle is about thinking of ways to make it work for you.

So, what do I need to do to bring this back to being a positive experience?

Well, I will pick up some hummus and other low-fat tasty dips to enjoy my vegetable and fruit slices with, rather than eating them plain.  If I am sick of blueberries, then I need to try another fruit like kiwi to get me excited about good food choices again.  The fish recipe I make can be jazzed up with new types of fish, marinades and coating.

I will dig up the recipe book and go on the Dr. Oz website and choose some new meals rather than stick with the same old, same old which can get boring.

And I will follow the advice Dr. Oz gave yesterday when he made suggestions on how to lose those stubborn pounds and belly fat that creep up on you as you age: "If you don't love it, you won't do it". 

In otherwords, if I don't like doing an hour of regimented exercises to a DVD or on my own, then maybe I can do things such as tending to my soon to be new vegetable garden which would include many of the stretches, and strength training due to the physical labour of gardening.


Eat what you love. Choose an exercise that you enjoy.  Good health will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment